Sunday, March 3, 2013

Ode to Arnold Lopez




ODE TO ARNOLD LOPEZ
(Nov 1, 1942-March 28, 2008)

“Arnold Lopez, six counts of 
criminal damage to property, 
one count of obstructing official 
duty, 6-month jail sentence on 
each count, must pay restitution, 
Jan. 9”—The Daily Report, January 
16, 2008, The Emporia Gazette

http://www.emporiagazette.com/news/police_courts_fire/article_431a8074-c22a-5f0b-ba42-ef7b590ea4d9.html?_dc=576233471976.5931 
______________________

Surely Arnold would’ve been
sent back to Lansing State Prison

With six counts of criminal damage &
one count of obstructing official duty

He’d already been in prison earlier
from Sept 1981 to May 2001

This after many petty traffic violations
expired license tabs, drunken driving

His mug shot shows the wear & tear
of a young Hispanic god in despair
______________________





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZYPa6tI43Q 

The old YMCA gym got torn down—
where we’d have wrestling practice

Kitty-corner across the street from
Lowther Junior High School on 5th

First just an empty grassy lot
then later on a crummy parking lot

Standing there totally amazed—
all my memories crammed so small

The only reason I went wrestling was
to be with all the handsome studs
________________



Arnold Lopez was one hot tamale
he made my heart throb Arriba!!!

He knew I had the hots for him
he stuck a bar of soap up my ass

From then on I pulled the curtain
and let Arnold fuck me silly

My face shoved up to the wall
his hard body deep inside me

He was my Cisco Kid, baby
he’d bite my neck just right

____________________

Latino young studs can be so
hot-blooded and muy macho

A long honorable heritage
Down there in Little Mexico

Generations of Hispanics
Working for Santa Fe Railroad

They called it La Colonia
the older Hispanics back then

Some did the Great Depression 
Doing odd jobs & gardening
___________________

My lover Lopez lived alone
in a Streamlite Travel Trailer

I’d stay overnight with him  
both of us so very lonely

He had a crucifix up there
hanging on the bare wall

Above his ratty little bed 
staring at it all night long

When I was in bed with
him, sucking him off
__________

When I think of him now
I hear this sweet song

“South of the Border”
way down in my heart

That's where I fell in love
with the stars all above 

He was such a cute guy
nude in old Spanish lace

Just for a tender while
I kissed his Spanish smile 
_______________

Each day was a fiesta 
and we were both so gay

South of the border
way down there Mexico way

The way he smiled as we
smoked "marijuana"

Never dreaming of parting
'Cause tomorrow never came

South of the border 
wish I could jump back then
______________

Thru a veil of white lace
of bedside candle light 

As I knelt on my knees to pray
the mission bells so far away

Telling me Ding-Dong time be
comin big time, baby boy

He be comin hard from down
South of the Border to get me

My cute Cisco Kid be gettin
ready big Enchilada time





1 comment: